Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Trying for Baby

It's been hard to keep this one a secret! Luke and I have always been excited to become parents and now the reality is setting in that we are actually trying to make that happen. When we started talking about trying for a baby, we hoped to sell our small one bedroom condo and rent for a little while so make extra space for the baby. Well, our condo has now been on the market for a month and no nibbles yet. It's a tough time to be selling. If we don't get any offers in the next couple of months, we have decided to pull the condo and stay put for a few years. While it's not ideal, we are excited to get creative about starting our family in such a small place. We really do love our condo, after all, it's our first home!


Luke and I "pulled the goalie" (so to speak) about a week ago. We are now doing all of the right things to try to conceive, which is a pretty long list. For Luke, this means cutting down alcohol consumption, no hot tubs, no cell phones or laptops on his lap. For me, this means no caffeine, no alcohol, a daily prenatal vitamin and figuring out when I am ovulating. I won't go into too much detail on the topic of ovulation, but there are a whole bunch of things I am doing to track that in itself. We are hoping to get lucky on the first try.

It's been super difficult not to share this news with family and friends but for now we are keeping it our little secret. Once we get a positive pregnancy test, we will be sharing the good news with our parents and siblings and then will wait until after our first ultrasound to share the news with others. So, this blog remains secret until then! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment