Wednesday, October 5, 2011

28 Weeks!

Now at the 28 week mark - I am officially ready for this baby to be here and I am barely in the 3rd trimester! I just can't wait for December and to meet our little boy. I am trying to focus on one thing at a time. Right now, that means my first baby shower which will take place this Sunday! I can't wait! The shower is being thrown by my mother-in-laws good friends, both of whom I adore. I can't wait to see what great stuff Henry gets at this shower.

This past weekend, Luke and I painted the baby "nook" and assembled the crib. I call it a nook because Henry will not have his own room. We live in a one-bedroom condo so we have decided to change a little living room nook into Henry's area. He will have a crib and a rocking chair in this little nook. We are also getting a pack 'n play for our bedroom, which Henry will sleep in for the first few months and that we can also use to put him to sleep in if we have friends over for dinner or something. Our place is cozy, but we figure plenty of people live with babies in a small space. Just add us to the list.

Before picture of the "nook":


In progress:


We painted the room a light brown (it looks a little darker in this picture):


Almost there!


Now we just have to add the rocking chair (which we will get next week), the crib mattress and sheets and some decorations. But it's coming together!

Simple tasks are becoming more and more difficult. I have been having to wear slip on shoes because it's super tough to tie my shoes! :) Sleeping is also more of a challenge and it's been hard to roll over and get in and out of bed. I am gaining weight rather rapidly but eating super healthy has been a challenge. I am just trying to do the best I can and keep in mind that it will come off after the baby comes.

The other day, my ankles were swollen to record proportions. Check out this picture. It looks like I broke my ankle! I am so glad that it's fall now and I am not wearing skirts and dresses because this is just ridiculous. Thankfully they aren't this big by the end of every day, but if I have been on my feet a lot or it's really warm, they tend to swell.



Little Henry is still the size of an eggplant so no fun new fruit/vegetable this week, but I do have some fun tidbits to share. Inside the womb, the formation of tiny capillaries is giving Henry a healthy pink glow. He is also soaking up my antibodies, getting his immune system ready for life outside the womb. His eyes are forming and he will soon perfect the blink - perfect for batting those freshly grown lashes.

I can't wait to meet him! :)

28 Week Bump Picture (Luke is out of town so I had to take the picture myself):

No comments:

Post a Comment