Friday, May 27, 2011

Heard the Heartbeat

This might sound crazy to some people BUT I ended up buying a home doppler so that Luke and I could hear that baby's heartbeat whenever we want. I was a little worried about becoming obsessive or compulsive with it, especially if I couldn't end up finding it on certain days. I decided to buy one anyway because I figured it would give me some peace of mind in between doctor's appointments, especially since we are leaving next weekend for Canada and will be gone for several weeks.

Well, last night we heard the baby's heartbeat for the very first time! It was amazing! It is so much faster than my own. And I was so relieved/excited/overwhelmed. I can't believe that we could hear the heartbeat of something so small. It was incredible.

I have also been keeping track of the baby's development with a couple of books. I have a daily pregnancy journal that tells me what sort of physical development the baby is undergoing that particular day, as well as provides tips on nutrition and throws in some fun facts about babies in general. I also have a daily countdown book that also gives a brief description of the baby's development but also provides helpful information about the physical changes my body is going through and what to expect emotionally. These books definitely make the whole experience more "real" and it's fun to know exactly what is happening with the baby on a day-to-day basis.

1 comment:

  1. Hooray Kels!!! I will have to come over and have a listen before we leave!! I am so glad little baby Tushar is going strong :) Love you

    ReplyDelete