Wednesday, August 3, 2011

19 Weeks!

Almost halfway! Time is feeling like it's starting to slow down again. Now that we know we are having a boy and I am feeling some movement, I just want December to be here already. I don't want to wait 4 1/2 more months! We can't wait to meet our son.

Feeling the baby move has been sporadic. I feel him most often after I eat or in the evenings. I feel more definitive thumps now, which is such a great feeling. I am excited to feel him moving more frequently and more strongly, hopefully so Luke can feel him soon too.

We have our 20 week "fetal survey" next Wednesday, which is a high resolution ultrasound to measure his development and take a look at his organs and limbs and make sure everything is functioning properly. This is the ultrasound we would have found out the sex of the baby if I hadn't done the Siemens ultrasound model thing. I am so glad I didn't have to wait this long!

I am getting excited for the fall, which will bring a bigger belly and some baby showers! I seriously can't wait. I am so excited.

Baby's now the size of a mango! I swear an onion is bigger than a mango, but oh well. The food analogies are kind of fun. Vernix caseosa, a greasy white substance made of lanugo, oil, and dead skin cells (yum) now coats baby's skin, shielding it from the amniotic fluid. (Picture yourself after a nine-month bath, and the need for protection makes sense.) We might get to see the vernix at birth, especially if baby is premature.



Luke is out of town again this week, so I had to take another picture of myself. So, here it is, the 19 week bump picture:

No comments:

Post a Comment