Wednesday, August 31, 2011

23 Weeks!

Unfortunately, there is no new fruit/veggie picture for this week, since now the pictures are going by months instead of weeks. So, baby is supposedly still the size of a papaya. But I can tell you that our baby's little face is now fully formed...minus the baby fat, of course. The next task at hand for our little boy: sprouting two teeny-tiny nipples! :)

My feet have been swelling like crazy. It's actually really embarrassing. I took some "before" pictures of my ankles so I could compare towards the end of my pregnancy. I say "before" because I took the picture first thing in the morning one of the days this week, so it doesn't really count as "before" since they are already bigger than normal. I have a feeling this is just the beginning though. I am happy that I will be the biggest in the Winter, when I can wear pants.

Another fun fact: I am having to now park in the large spots at work. We have an underground parking garage that have both large and compact spots. I always try to park in a compact spot because I have a small car, but twice last week I was trapped out of my car at the end of the day because I couldn't squeeze between the cars. Since I can no longer suck in this belly, I have had to resort to parking in a bigger spot. Oh the joys of a baby bump.

Speaking of the baby bump, my friends are really getting a kick of out of my belly. The girls are surprised by how hard it is and the guys have all sorts of funny questions. It been pretty fun.

I have a couple of baby showers scheduled for the fall and I could not be more excited! I can't wait to start getting baby stuff. I am sure it will feel all the more real when I have actual gear for the baby.

Luke and I are headed to Lake Tahoe this weekend. It's his paternal grandmother's 80th birthday party and family from all over the country are headed to Lake Tahoe to celebrate. I am super excited because I haven't gotten to spend a lot of time with Luke's Dad's side of the family since most of them live in Ohio. I met most of them at our wedding but I am excited to spend some quality time with them and get to know them a little better. What could be better than sun, fun and family? Pictures to come!

23 Week Bump Picture:

No comments:

Post a Comment