Wednesday, June 15, 2011

12 Weeks!

12 weeks!! YAAAAAY! Time is just flying by! I think I am officially past the point of morning sickness. It's pretty much non-existant this point. I still don't have much of an appetite, but I am guessing that will change as I move into the second trimester. I also haven't been having many cravings but I am SO sick of camp food that I can't wait to come home and eat a delicious meal.
The one thing that has picked up is mood swings. I have been overly emotional lately. Crying at the drop of a hat, getting easily stressed out and just as easily elated. It's been interesting, that's for sure.

I am trying really hard not to gain an unhealthy amount of weight during this pregnancy. At this point, about a pound a week is normal. I have already gained about five pounds, which is towards the high end for the first trimester. I haven't been able to work out since I have been spotting (per doctor's orders) but that will get to change when I am officially in the second trimester (just after 13 weeks). I am looking forward to hitting the gym and feeling a little better physically.

I haven't had any spotting for a couple of weeks which is a huge relief. Thank you all for your positive thoughts and prayers around that. It really helps to ease my mind. Also, I have been using the doppler once or twice a week, so I know baby is still alive, well and growing. Here's to the last week of the first trimester!


Baby's now the size of a plum!
As I move into the second trimester, baby shifts into the growth and maturation stage. After weeks in the critical development stage, almost all of the baby's systems are fully formed.

No comments:

Post a Comment