Thursday, July 14, 2011

16 Weeks!

Yesterday we hit the 16 week mark. I am absolutely dying to feel our baby moving around. I am sure it's the most incredible feeling and I just can't wait for it. I think it will once again just make this more real.

Luke and I have been getting really excited and we have started talking about what to get for the baby. We started a registry and can't wait to start buying stuff. I found a room design that I love here. Since the baby's crib will be in the living room, we wanted to keep the decorations pretty neutral. Most of this stuff is from Restoration Hardware. Some of their baby stuff is pretty expensive but it has some amazing stuff and it totally our style. We decided to go with an antique sports theme, surprised? :)

In other news, our good friends, Sarah and Tim Baynes, welcomed their baby boy, Jack Lewis, to the world on Friday, July 8th. Which just so happens to be both Tim and Luke's birthday. So fun! We can't wait for our little boys to play together, grow together and be wonderful friends. Congratulations Tim and Sarah!



Baby's now the size of an avocado!
Now we have to watch what we say...tiny bones forming in baby's ears mean he can now pick up my voice. A few more minuscule changes: Eyebrows, lashes, and hair are starting to fill in, and taste buds are forming.

And for the 16 week bump picture:



I am getting bigger and bigger and it's hard not to get discouraged by the scale. I have to keep reminding myself that gaining weight is totally normal and healthy during pregnancy and I will have plenty of time to lose the weight during my maternity leave!

No comments:

Post a Comment