Wednesday, July 27, 2011

18 Weeks!

Only two more weeks and I will be halfway there! I am pretty sure that I have been finally feeling some movement of our little guy. For the last few days, I have been feeling a sort of "swishing" motion in my lower belly. It feels like when you are in a pool and someone swipes water at you under water (but doesn't actually touch you). Very subtle but definitely noticeable. My doctor told me if you think you are feeling movement, you probably are. Then, today while working at my desk, I am almost positive I felt a little kick. It definitely wasn't anything I have felt before. I am hoping to feel more little kicks or jabs to confirm my suspicions!

I had my 18 week appointment with my doctor yesterday. Those appointments are always kind of funny. I always have to wait for almost an hour to even see him, even though the appointment was scheduled. I get into the room, they have me pee in a cup, take my blood pressure and then the doctor comes in and pokes around my belly and listens for the heartbeat. He asks if I have any questions and that's it. The whole thing last about 5 minutes. The doctor did say that my uterus is the "perfect size" and everything else looks great. Even though I expected to hear that everything was going well, it's still a relief to hear from the doctor.

You may remember from earlier blog posts that I am Rh- (O- blood type). Well, after my last appointment the doctor ordered that Luke go get his blood typed. It turns out that he is blood type O+. It's a bummer that he has a positive blood type because I will still have to get the shots of RhoGAM, but it turns out that since we both have the blood type "O", the baby is less likely to have jaundice, which is good news.

I am almost done with registering for the baby. We decided to register at Target (which has absolutely everything) and Restoration Hardware (which is just awesome). A big thanks to my co-worker Joanne for all of her registry tips! I have no idea where to start with some items and she has given me some really great advice and recommendations. My mom offered to buy us our crib and we are planning on buying the dream stroller ourselves. I really have to stop myself from buying things now because I am just so excited but I know we will have a few baby showers in the fall and I need to just wait until then.

Luke is out of town until August 6th for work (sad), so I couldn't have him take a picture of the baby bump this morning, but I will try to figure out how to take one on a timer and post it later on.

Our baby is now the size of a sweet potato! He is becoming amazingly mobile (compared to me, at least), passing the hours yawning, hiccupping, rolling, twisting, kicking, punching, sucking, and swallowing. And he is finally big enough that I'll soon be able to feel his movements.

No comments:

Post a Comment